BSPR 2004 Programme
FRIDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2004
SESSION 1 Chair – Dr Sara Harrison
09.20-10.0 Dr Sue King (Guest Speaker)
Imaging of Paediatric Head & Neck masses.
10.00-10.50 Proffered Papers
- Can ultrasound differentiate biliary atresia from other causes of jaundice in infants?
TM Humphrey, MD Stringer – Leeds
- Auditing your MCU doses can be quite interesting – no seriously!
IJ Kenney - Brighton
- Imaging after first UTI in infancy – when can cystography be omitted?
- Moorthy I, McHugh K, Easty M, Biassoni L, Ridout D, Gordon I – GOS London
- Use of real time ultrasound to assess vocal cord function in infants.
A Howarth, G Williams, G Robin, S Morris – Cardiff
10.50-11.10 Coffee Break
SESSION 2 Chair – Dr Sue Morris
11.10-11.40 Dr Brian Ayres (Guest Speaker)
The Radiological Aspects of the National Patient Safety Agency
11.40-12.30 Proffered Papers
- Aspects of practice in pneumatic reduction of Intussusception.
J Fairhurst, H Rassoulian – Southampton
- Treatment of recurrent intussusception
N Townsend, A Ali, A Shabani – Manchester
- The role of ultrasound in the assessment of children with suspected gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and comparison with continuous 24 hour pH monitoring oesophageal studies.
R Guirguis, N Galal, JV Cook, SK Chong, M Warren. Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust
- Review of imaging findings in acute appendicitis: Is there a difference between pre-school and school-age children?
J Yarr, A Patterson. Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
SESSION 3 Chair – Dr Alison Evans
14.00-14.40 - The Forensic Examination of the Infant and Young
Dr S Leadbeatter – Home Office Pathologist
14.40-15.30 Proffered Papers
- Digital Imaging in NAI: A ROC Study
Offiah A C, Moon L, Hall CM, Todd-Pokropek A
- Suspected child abuse: what radiological investigation should be performed? A Systematic Review. Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
A Butler, S Maguire, AM Kemp, M Mann, S Morris, JR Sibert – Cardiff
- How old is the fracture? Radiological dating of fractures in children.
- A systematic review. Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
I Prosser, S Maguire, S Harrison, M Mann, JR Sibert, AM Kemp – Cardiff
- What fractures are suggestive of NAI – A Systematic Review Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group
S Datta, S Maguire, A Kemp, S Harrison, JR Sibert – Cardiff
15.30-15.50 Tea Break
15.50-16.45 Proferred Papers
- Optimal Exposure Parameters for Digital Radiography of the infant skull: A Pilor Study
Offiah AC, Grehan J, Hall CM, Todd-Pokropek A
- The use of MR and Ultrasound Imaging in diagnosis of paediatric muscle disease
L Hartley – Cardiff
- 1H – MR Spectroscopy of childhood brain tumours
L MacPherson – Birmingham
- MRI identifies subclinical features that predict extension or arthritis in children with oligoarthritis
M Pakkal, K Johnson, J Gardner-Medwin*, CAJ Ryder – Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Glasgow University*